In today’s patch we update several game features hunting errors and squashing bugs. Our goal with this sprint was to fix some of the oldest ones that infested crafting, duplication and server-client negotiation.
Meanwhile, as a foundation for later work, we genetically spliced the Gazelle to finally obtain the perfect organism. Unclouded by conscience, remorse or the inability to return home. Our certified mad developers put a tiny bit of Lassie in them, while at the same time removing the Killer Whale sequences. It seemed such a good idea at the time, how could we have known they’ll develop a liking for oceanic trenches?
This, and our improved AI, will bring us a step forward in implementing other animals, including aggressive Lions and Baboons’ families. We expect that update to go live in September, since most of our programmers possess the strange notion of “vacation” and have insisted in actually going out in the sun instead of laying for most of August scripting fake ones.
Until then, good hunting and godspeed.
- Gazelles will now properly return to their spawn point if left alone.
- Gazelles’ herds will no longer deplete permanently under extensive hunting.
- Updated the damage system to be more reliable.
- Suppressed the Bloody Gazelles attitude to occupy deep oceanic trenches. Hopefully they are back to their earthborne, herbivore ecological niche.
- Optimized the animal AI to reduce CPU load in large numbers.
- Trees no longer drop food when you hit them with an axe, since they refused to do so even when they should’ve.
- Changed pickup mechanics. Now you’ll leave an item on the ground if the inventory is full instead of warping it out of existence.
- Crafting subtracts the raw materials after the craft is complete, not before.
- Crafting is aborted if the inventory is full at the time of creation.
- Forges and warehouses can now be opened only by one player at a time to avoid duplication bugs and database conflicts.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from interacting with workbenches.
- Fixed a bug that let you pick up more items that you can hold.
- Fixed a bug that let you craft items even if you could not.
- Fixed a but that let you commit suicide by outrunning your own arrow.
- Fixed a bug that let you commit suicide by running into a building with arrows struck in it. Seriously guys, the ingenuity!
- Fixed a bug that let some gazelle ignore a few buildings despite the fact that they were expressly told not to.
- Fixed a severe bug that disablet the personal respawn of Nomad Shelters.
- Fixed a bug that let the Warden haunt you in your dreams after its death, screaming and rumbling.
- Fixed a bug that let Giuda kill you silently with any weapon no matter the distance. Now you’ll hear the sound of your crushed bones, rejoice!